Knowledge And Experience Are What Matter
Beverly K. Ballinger
Broad Experience ∙ Focused Practice
Founding attorney Beverly K. Ballinger has been practicing law since 1986. With more than 32 years of experience, the last 25 of which have been in the Lowcountry, she guides clients to amicable solutions through mediation whenever possible and is a Certified Family Court Mediator. However, when litigation is necessary, she is a zealous advocate in the courtroom.
At the Ballinger Law Firm, we exclusively practice family law. However, our practice is informed by years of experience and an extensive background in commercial litigation in a broad variety of subjects. This background enables us to assist our clients with the complex issues that often accompany divorce and family law disputes.
This experience also enables her and the legal professionals she works with to deal with the many complex financial, valuation, and custody issues presented by numerous family court cases. It further enables her and her clients to work closely with the wide assortment of financial and other experts and legal professionals as needed in a complex financial, custody, or visitation case.
She is admitted to the bars of South Carolina, the District of Columbia, and Louisiana, where she was first admitted to the bar in 1986. She began her practice in New Orleans, initially serving as a Judicial Clerk for The Honorable Luther F. Cole, Assoc. Justice of the Louisiana Supreme Court (Ret.), and then practicing with a large multi-practice firm in New Orleans, focusing on commercial litigation. After her return to South Carolina, while engaging in general defense and commercial litigation, she began practicing family law, which she continued at the firm of Nexsen Pruet and later as a sole practitioner in private practice.
- South Carolina State Bar Association, Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Charleston Bar Association, Member
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association, Member
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
- Honors: cum laude
- Charleston Area Therapeutic Riding, Past Board Member
- Family Law
- Louisiana, 1986
- South Carolina, 1993
- District of Columbia, 1993
- Attorney at Law
- Nexsen Pruet
- Grimball and Cabaniss
- The Hon. Luther F. Cole, Assoc. Justice of the Louisiana Supreme Court (Ret.), Judicial Clerk